On 12 May 2005, at 07:52, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

On 11/05/2005, at 11:02 AM, Andrew wrote:

I was going to update, to 4.8 but it doesn't show up on Software Update. I could get the download from Apple site (11mb) but is this necessary? Is there a another way to update it?
Andrew

For some reason Apple missed the boat with Software Update on this one. Download it from Apple's site. It's also listed on VersionTracker.

I've done that now, but haven't installed yet. Is it worth it if I'm not installing Tiger and don't need the extra features? I backed up my music library and data file (?playlists) to external hard drive and just in case, but iTunes started playing up - not opening then not responding to quit, force quit and stopping me from shutting down. Fine now that I trashed the backup - weird. I also had my iPod connected and charging for a while at the same tim but that shouldn't be a problem.
Andrew