on 16/05/05 10:27, Mark Secker at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 1: monitor rotation is built in  to the monitor preference panel - if
> your video card supports it!!!  WOW to the power of 2 - I'm defiantly
> going to buy a VESA arm that supports rotation and the VESA adaptor
> kit for my Apple 20" display

This sounds great but how can you tell if a video card supports this?

For example - a new G5 iMac - I seem to recall there is a hack to get the
iMac to supports 2 displays rather than just video mirroring - if so, under
Tiger, would you then be able to connect say one of the NEC monitors
advertised in Aust Macworld which offer portrait/landscape viewing.

Having enjoyed using the Radius Pivot Displays (with 68030 IIci running OS6
then OS7 around 12 years ago) I've really missed the pivoting monitors! - I
really thought the flat panel G4 iMac design would have been ideally suited
to a pivot somewhere in the chrome arm support :(

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton