On 18/05/2005, at 12:53 PM, Shay Telfer wrote:

A friend is operating a 350mhz iMac running OS 10.2.8.

After finishing with a CD, dragging it to the trash fails to eject it. It makes an attempt accompanied by some noises.

It can be successfully ejected by highlighting and then ..file.. eject nominated CD.

Is there a work around for this problem?

They're both using the same physical method for ejecting the CD, so there should be no difference.

I'd suspect that trying the dragging to trash will eventually eject the CD, it was sheer luck that the File menu option worked.

I'd probably avoid using that CD, as if it gets stuck you'll have to pull the machine apart to get it out!

Have fun,
Shay

Which brings to mind that somebody else had a CD or DVD jam in a mechanism

BECAUSE

an extra label had been placed over the top of the original ..
Obviously it then made the disk too thick.

Bob