I am looking to purchase a digital projector for the Albany Summer School, of which I am Secretary, and apart from an initial prowl on the internet I am very short of knowledge and experience. The principal use will, I believe, be for showing PowerPoint presentations and the like from a laptop in smallish lecture rooms which may or may not be able to be effectively darkened. I would appreciate the voices of experience out there advising me on the "must have" features, the "avoid at all costs" and recommendations both for and against makes and models.
Thanks in advance
Severin Crisp

                    Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                      Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                             email  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            Web pages http://www.JennyCrisp.com.au
                               &  http://members.westnet.com.au/Crisp