Hi all,

I am looking for an application that can manipulation data files. What I want is something that can sort text into fields and records, and add tabs and carriage returns. I have had a look on version tracker but I did not find what I was looking for. Can anyone recommend a program which does what I want?

Thanks.

BBEdit is good for working with text files, but to do anything complex requires knowledge of regular expressions (a piece of unix arcana). Of course once you know regular expressions you can do pretty much anything....

Also, there really needs to be a simple rule for working out where those tabs and carriage returns should go (ie what's a field and what's a record). If you can't work it out then it's unlikely the computer can either :)

<http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/index.shtml>

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love