Thanks Robert, that WAS quick, I had a space in front. most embarrassing !!!
Now OK.

On 23/05/2005, at 7:11 PM, Robert Howells wrote:

" space in front of first letter "

On 23/05/2005, at 7:08 PM, bill cole wrote:

Hi, running G5, 1.8, 10.4.1..........all my applications are in alphabetical order except Safari 2.0 and Sherlock 3.6.1. These two are stuck at the top of the list above the " A"s ,is there any way to get them into their alphabetical order, or is this where they reside ? I've tried dragging the into the correct places, just bounce back o the top. can't see anything in preferences that will alter them. zapped the cache.

any help gratefully accepted
Bill

Have you managed to put a space or something else in front of the first letter ?