current spec computer so..... yes "worth buying" if the price is right and IF the seller is reputable

However going by my experience it will probably go for so close to retail value it might not be worth the effort - watching iBook prices recently saw a couple of current model G4 12" iBooks identical to my new one go for only a couple of hundred dollars less than new prices (which given I get mine educational price ex GST meant they went for more than mine cost me new from dealer)

I would be grateful should any WAMUGers using the this model PowerBook be in a position to endorse my intention to bid for it on EBay and perhaps, a reasonable price to pay.
Thank you in anticipation

Tony

Model: A1085
Processor 1.5GHz PowerPC G4
Memory 2 x 512MB PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SDRAM
Display 17-inch (diagonal), 1440 x 900 resolution, TFT widescreen
Storage 80GB Ultra ATA/100; 5400 rpm Optical 8x SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
LAN:Ethernet built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)Built-in 54-Mbps AirPort Extreme
built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Panther installed.

Tony Wilson
27 Ambridge St
Hamersley  WA  6022
Tel 08 9448 1517

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro

--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer

<http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/index.htm> (sometimes works)