I have followed the comments regarding the weather widget with interest as I find it similarly inaccurate. I use "Degrees Down Under" which has an onscreen temperature display (if you wish) and a link to the weather bureau and your local area.

All in all I find the Dashboard widgets something I just don't use at this stage though I see the potential.

Right now the widget shows the wrong forecast for Albany (15C as against official 17C) and the temperature is given as 16C whereas in actual fact the weather bureau (Albany Airport) gives 14.8C close to my own thermometer with 15.6C (I am always marginally warmer).
By the way it is a beautiful sunny day here right now!
Severin Crisp

                    Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                      Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                             email  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            Web pages http://www.JennyCrisp.com.au
                               &  http://members.westnet.com.au/Crisp