On 05/07/2005, at 9:50 AM, KEVIN Lock wrote:

I have been trying to load OS10.3 on a 500mhz slot loader iMac without success. The CDs are genuine (purchased) and get about half way into the first CD before it all stalls and I have to restart and eject the CD.

Currently on 10.2.8; plenty of Ram.

A previous attempt caused a kernel panic and a Kev panic. Zapping the pram somehow got me out of that situation.

Any ideas on this prob?

Hmmm !

First question that comes to mind is have you checked that you
have the right firmware version ?

And, how are you going about this ?

Are your CD's full system or upgrade ?

Are you trying.. is it .. archive and Instal ? or upgrade ?

Bob

TIA

Kev