On 05/07/2005, at 3:29 PM, Andrew wrote:

How do I play a downloaded .mpg file in Quicktime 7.0.1? I cannot find a way to select what file types it can play. Do I need Quicktime Pro? Is there another way other than burning a disc to play with Windows Media Player on my laptop?
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

These may be mpeg-2 files, which QT will not play without buying the mpeg2playbackcomponent from Apple. If you don't want to buy it then use VLC for the files that will not play in QT Player.

<http://www.videolan.org/>

When Microsoft asks you, "Where do you want to go today?" Tell them, "Apple!"