On 13/07/2005, at 8:28 AM, KEVIN Lock wrote:

My son (sigh) has brought his iMac slot loader 600mhz with 256mb memory running 10.2.8 around for resurrection. It seems he ran out of memory in PhotoShop and mistakenly thought trashing the odd file would give more memory.

Now we have a black screen with a small LH top of screen message....sh-2.05a#

Any ideas on this one?

TIA

Kev

HI Kev,

You may be able to start up from CD and do an archive and Instal ...
But do you have the CD's to do that ?

Backing up the drive contents may be possible by connecting to another Mac and then using Target disk mode to get the drive to appear on the Other Mac desktop.

Good luck

Bob