Hi Mark,

On 22/07/2005, at 5:04 AM, WAMUG Mailing List wrote:

I plugged it in to my mac at work and transferred some songs to it from my iTunes
library then later today when I got home I then plugged it in to my
home mac and got told that this iPod wasn't registered with this
computer and that I had the option reregistering it with the my home
computer which would erase all music files  or not registering it
(cancel option) I selected cancel and though the shuffle mounted on
the desktop iTunes would not recognise it.

<snip>

So basically my question is - is this registration issue a  "feature"
of the shuffle or of ACC files?

Mine does the same - I just assumed that's how it worked... I just have one iTunes music collection on one machine, but I use my Shuffle to transfer files around to other Macs, and that message pops up often.

Regards,
Paul.
--
Paul W. Mulroney Logical Developments
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         86 Coolgardie Street