On 22/07/2005, at 14:11 , Mike Fuller wrote:

I've tried accessing the broadband section of the ABC TV site:

    http://www.abc.net.au/broadband/

and both Safari and Firefox can't seem to handle it and quit.

Anyone have any more luck than me?

It's a puzzle. I can access other areas of the ABC site, show movies etc. and even access movies linked to the broadband page that are listed on the ABC home page. As soon as I attempt to access the broadband page itself it shows some detail and then Safari or Firefox quits.

I'm running Safari 2.0 (build 412.2) on a G5 iMac running OS 10.4.2. My G4 laptop running OS 10.3.9 and Safari 1.3 accesses the page without any drama. Firefox on the G5 quits but the same version on the laptop is OK.

Beyond sending a report to Apple is there anything I should do to correct this?

That page uses Flash - since both your browsers are crashing, it may be related to your Flash install. Does moving the "Macromedia" folder out of your Preferences help?

-josh

Josh McKinnon : http://josh.corduroy.biz/ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]