Double click the little grey dot between the sidebar and the folder and the
sidebar goes away. Click the little clear pill thing at the top right and
all the extra stuff at the top goes away.
Instant Mac OS 9! Sort of. You can make windows all open in a new window
from finder prefs if you want the full effect.
Rob