Hi Wamuggers

On 26 Jul 2005, at 5:51pm, Paul wrote:

Yet more arcane software from the world leaders in the field....

Just imagine Holden releasing the 2005 Kingswood, complete with steerable front wheels! At least if Holden did this you could expect the product to be solid and reliable ;-)

Huhh, solid and reliable; and with steering? That's scary.

I remember driving my little VW Beetle along a forest track many years ago (old rally days in the Darling Ranges south of Mundaring Weir). I missed a turn and ended up in the forest shrubbery with no damage other than to the 19yo ego... BUT then remembered that the car following was a 2 door Chevrolet BelAire Coupe import. Now that was solid and reliable!

We couldn't shift the Beetle so we waited and prayed. Sure enough it's V8 growl came through the forest. No matter of waving from us could stop it, or its intrepid pilot.

We covered our eyes and waited for it to land.

No busted Beetle; the beast missed it by inches, and ended even further down into the forest enclave (viz swamp).

We dug the Beetle out eventually and all piled into it and got home, somewhat later than expected. The tow truck was sent out the next day for the Chev.

Maybe that's why I like Macs today?

Regards

Reg