Rosemary,

May be related to previous question. In netinfo manager there's a list of users. This includes me and root but also about 12 others, including the phantom "windowserver"; daemon, jabber et etc What is this? Are they freeloaders on my wireless? If so how? I've set a password etc.

They sound pretty innocuous. Since Mac OS is based on UNIX there are a lot of little programs that do things in the background, providing various services. The windowserver process manages windows; daemons are background things too; jabber is an instant messaging thing (as far as I recall). Often, users are automatically created which own such programs.

Of course, a naughty program or virus of some kind might well be implemented as one of these types of process, so you can never be sure...

Cheers,

Andrew