On 23/07/2005, at 10:27, Rob Davies wrote:

Yep, once I wrote email I thought of the Analogue route which is sort of what the iMic is minijack/microphone import albeit a 24 bit converter as well. But, unfortunately what we want is the USB MiniDisc connection. They are telling me it does not have an analogue/minijack output it does have optical, but no joy connecting that either, STRANGE I know. But, I do not have MiniDisc to confirm or deny.

On that, has anybody had success with optical input to an Apple machines with MiniDisc, I have never tried, but I always thought it was input only to the MiniDisc using optical?

Damn more research and on Saturday to boot.

I don't have a mac with optical input, but I do have a minidisc deck with optical out and I have successfully recorded from that input using an iriver hard disk player/recorder. There as only been one portable player with optical out and that was 10 years ago. Most non basic decks do have optical out though.

When you say minidisc I am assuming you mean original ATRAC short play format disc. Short of a very expensive hacked data deck this is the only way to recover audio digitally from an original minidisc.

-nav