I am using Mac OS 10.4.1

I want to use the built in Apache Web server to host a page, so a client, who lives in the country ( Boddington way), can view some documents and save them if they wish.

I could email the documents to them, but they say the flaky services they get is very unreliable.

As an experiment, I have been using Pages to create the html pages, ( initially Appleworks documents opened in Pages then exported to HTML) which so far are mostly text. I have made a couple with pictures etc, but the eventual conversion to html by Pages is rather - hmmm awful.

So far I have set up a a general index page as per the apache guidelines, http://192.168.0.2/~dornworks/

but now I am stuck as to what http:// address the various pages linked to this index pageare to be

Pages can hyperlink to other pages, which is easy enough to do , but I need to work out what the address will be

so my question is
1. is there an apache tutorial anywhere which explains setting up an index pages then other pages for Mac OS X 2. how do I determine the web address for each html page I make, so I can link them in the various pages I create

any advice  on these matters would be appreciated.

might even be a good meeting topic?

chow
--
gary dorn