On 27/08/2005, at 1:00 PM, Robert Howells wrote:

Good pointer  Ruben !

OK ! That was the first part ! Now for the recharging of those NMh cells .

Right    UPFRONT :

You NEED A SPECIALLY DESIGNED CHARGER
to recharge those cells,
and the reasons why are all spelt out in a 36 page pdf document found
at the following address .

        <http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/nickelmetalhydride_appman.pdf>

I thought I might get away using my old NiCad charger but it simply does NOT cut the mustard in either charge rate or controls to PREVENT overcharging.

Robert

Energizer have a charger for NiMH which will also do NiCd batteries and will take AA, AAA or 9V batteries (not mixed) and comes with your first 2 AA NiMH cells for less than $30.

Laurie