I need another word for Hackers.  I'm not allowed to use the word Hackers to
describe some of the students here because it has "Negative Connotations" so I
need another word to describe children who should get their bloody fingers
broken before they're next allowed to touch a laptop.

Skippy (More than a little irritated)

Hacker should not be negative... hackers are innovative inquisitive people that make things work (or at worst break things trying to work out how they work).

Crackers are what the media/plebs should call such people who are miss labelled "hackers"

perhaps you need a more "new speak" term like "non compliant computer users"

--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer

"It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
- Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)

Ubi fumus, ibi fumus