On 1/9/05 8:26 PM, "Aurora" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi,

 I have a vaguely off topic question.

 Can anyone recommend a good computer tool ie screwdrivers and stuff.

 I need to get one for work to battle the evil PC's and we are being left to
 buy our own although we will be reimbursed.

Well I do computer support for a job (mostly Mac but I have to deal with
PC's too) and all I have in my bag is, ... Let's see:

A large magnetic Phillips screwdriver, small magnetic Phillips screwdriver,
ditto with flatheads. A Maglight Torch,

You can get LED torches these days. No bulb replacement needed :), although the light is not the same spectrum of white as a Maglight.

Many people of course have fancy multi-head screwdrivers and Swiss Army
everything but I've found in the last 6 years that the more I pay for a tool
the more likely it is that I will leave it somewhere and never see it again
so it's cheap hardware store type things for me now.

I'm quite happy with my Leatherman, and it's useful for more than computers.

I'd also suggest a set of Torx screwdrivers, which you should be able to pick up from Jaycar on Newcastle St. in Northbridge.

Other possibilities include a USB (or otherwise) flexible torch, and a mirror-on-a-stick for when you have to grope around behind things.

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love