On 22/09/2005, at 8:45 PM, Chris Burton wrote:

Hi Muggers

Can anyone tell me which is the best way to upgrade to tiger. Im using a G5 dual 2ghz machine with 10.3.8. I checked the apple website and they dont actually say which of the three ways works the best. Does it matter?

I dont want to lose all my info in mail, internet and cable connection so am not into a complete install. Im wondering whether to do a 'simple upgrade' or an 'archive and install'. I assume after the install I run the 10.4.2 updater?

Anyone with some advice from experience?

In my experience, Archive and Install gives the most trouble-free results. Coming from 10.3.8, it should be a very smooth transition. Regarding 10.4.2, make sure your are using the Combo updater if you're installing 10.4 from the DVD (of. course, this goes without saying...).

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913