On 23/09/2005, at 12:06 PM, Edward Arrowsmith wrote:

Does anybody use Google's Gmail enough to recommend it?
Or have stories to tell?

Hi Edward,

If you are considering a GMail account and are concerned about the safety of your private information, please inform yourself ahead of time and do not just look through Google's website alone, but consult other leading tech news sites that give you a different angle.

Consider Gmail's gigabyte of free storage, for example. That's a lot of E-mail and attachments, and it will all reside on Google's hardware. That poses obvious privacy risks.

But then again, so does any free Webmail & I notice you use Yahoo.

I personally would not use an email account that leaves my emails on it's server. I have my email accounts set to remove messages immediately from the Server after I download them.
I am probably a bit paranoid about security risks & privacy risks.