Dear WAMUG'ers,

I have been trying to start my daughter's 14" iBook from DiskWarrior CD
without any luck. I did the usual start with the 'C' key pressed, the CD
drive would run briefly resulting in the apple graphics, then the machine
would hang.

The laptop is running OS X 10.3.6, and I have tried to boot from DW 3.0.1,
3.0.2 & 3.0.3 all with the same result - the apple graphic would come, then
after a brief moment the CD reader would stop and the machine hangs.

The iBook would happily boot-up from the Apple install DVD without problems.

I've run the usual Daily, Weekly, Monthly maintenance scripts (CRON), repair
permissions, and also run Disk Utility, after booting from the Install DVD.
The problem seems to be elsewhere.

Any idea what else I can do?

By the way, I can boot my G5 from these CDs without any problem.

Many thanks,

Philippe