On 04/10/2005, at 8:33 AM, Rick Armstrong wrote:

When I connect the current Canon 350D to the G5 at work, iPhoto version 4.01 can't see the camera. On my G4 iBook I am using the current Canon software
(which is fine) but iPhoto version 4.01 can't see the camera either. I
didn't particularly want to load the Canon software on the G5 as everything
is in iPhoto.
Any advice would be appreciated. Rick

Hi Rick,

iPhoto 4 has an update to v4.0.3
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/iphoto.html

1. Is  this camera is compatible with iPhoto ?

2. See if there are multiple modes that the camera can use to communicate with the computer over USB. Some cameras include an option to place the camera in Picture-Transfer-Protocol (PTP) mode, which is needed for communicating with iPhoto.

3. Make sure iPhoto and Mac OS X versions are up to date. Mac OS X updates include additional camera support.

4. Turn the camera on and connect it to the computer. Check System Profiler (in the Utilities folder) to see if the camera is listed as connected under USB. Open Image Capture (in the Applications folder) and see if the camera is recognized in this application.

When Microsoft asks you, "Where do you want to go today?" Tell them, "Apple!"