Sometimes my power supply just stops charging. I pull it out of the socket and plug it in again. It works again.

Once before, the sleep switch connected to the locking catch on the lid was faulty. I tried opening and closing several times.

Rob

Sounds like the battery didn't charge for some reason. Does it start up when
you have it plugged in to the mains?

Have experience of laptops not starting up at all if battery power too low.

Quoting Mark Secker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

 Is the AC adaptor showing green or orange or no light (maybe you've
 lost mains power)? maybe dead battery but if on AC this shouldn't
 matter....

 without going in depth but have you tried removing the battery and
 the external power supply (OK so this will power off the machine
 rather than wake it but....)

 seen this with sleep when screen savers or   programs have hung when
 the machine goes to sleep or wakes up also using external drives that
 have been disconnected or powered down  and also with wireless
 connections that are no longer available - also faulty/dying logic
 boards cause this but

 --
 ~
 Mark Secker Computer Support Officer

 "It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
 - Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)

 Ubi fumus, ibi fumus