I just spent some money, buying audiobooks for travelling south tomorrow.
On 25/10/2005, at 8:17 AM, Rod wrote:

On 25/10/2005, at 7:38 AM, Martin Hill wrote:

$1.69 per song. Hmm, doesn't quite have the ring of 99c per song does it?

So we have the following breakdown:

USA = 99c   (A$1.32)
Europe = 99euro  (A$1.58)
Australia = $1.69
Japan = 150 yen  (A$1.73)
UK = 79p   (A$1.87)
Japan (2nd tier) = 200 yen  (A$2.31)

So I guess we're about middle of the road.

-Mart

Don't forget in the US that 99c has sales tax put on top when you purchase (since taxes vary from state to state). I got caught out on that on the very first item I ever bought in the US. Handed over $20 as the item was advertised $19.99, then got stung an extra couple of bucks at the counter!

The $1.69 was the price when the backdoor was open in April. And no Sony/BMG artists or tv shows. Guess they just couldn't quite get Sony over the line (here or in Japan). Let's make Sony pay for the ignorance!

Seeya

Rod!