On 26/10/2005, at 5:03 PM, Toby Oldham wrote:

Huh?

So a person goes into Digilife in the CBD can't buy an iTunes music card? The Store that says 'buy Apple here'. It seems like marketing mistake if it's true.

T.

A business decision. There are a lot more Coles Myer outlets than AppleCentres :-) Coles want the traffic, Apple want the exposure. Remember, that also includes petrol stations, supermarkets, etc. Right next to those phone cards, that tons of kids buy :-) The exposure Apple will get out of this is enormous!

Look at the coverage Apple got yesterday and today on the tv, newspaper and radio. I hope those Sony execs and artists are kicking themselves with the bad press they got. Most outlets managed to say that Sony weren't playing ball :-) (And I can't seem to remember bigpuddle get all that press exposure when they opened their store!).

Seeya

Rod!