In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
on Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 05:29:03PM +0800, SevCrisp wrote:
> Every time I restart Acrobat6 it comes up with a warning "Acrobat has
> been updated.  Please restart before continue".

In general, that type of warning is typical when you have just
"installed" some finicky software but have not yet restarted (or logged
out and logged back in). For instance, if you had freshly installed
Acrobat Std/Pro for the first time and then tried to run it, you might
get that type of warning. I don't know if your problem is a common
problem or not, but here are some ideas:

 - Search the Support documents at http://www.adobe.com -- they are
   pretty good at providing solutions to Adobe's bugs.
 - In addition to disabling the 'Update' preferences in Acrobat, you
   could try to find the 'Detect and Repair' settings and turn those
   off too. 'Detect and Repair' applies to PDF Print, PDF Web Browser
   Plugin, and Microsoft Office PDFMaker. In Acrobat Pro 7, the 'Detect
   and Repair' settings are found in the "Help" menu (!?!?!?!?!?!). In
   Pro 6, I don't know where you can find them but I think it's
   described in an Adobe support article.
 - Re-install Acrobat 6.