Have a look in the servers folder in the system folder. Users have a habit
of checking the box that says reconnect on startup every time they connect
to a server. Results in dozens of alias's in the servers folder and slows
things down. Particularly if the alias points to a network volume that is
unavailable.
HTH
Rob