Hi Reg,

We recently signed our phone service over to iinet. Line rental and all calls. Keep the same number and get a discount on our internet bill.

Our good neighbor introduced us to skype. Free between users anywhere in the world. Sound quality seems fine. Hasn't cost me anything yet. I highly recommend giving it a try before you sign up for a plan. It might do what you are looking for. http://www.skype.com

Good luck
Paul