Its seems there are some really nice wireless keyboard / mice combos made by people such as Logitech.

I'd really like one for my coffee table since I've started using an old laptop to drive the big screen TV and do stuff like RSS ticker, weather (in a big font) and a custom web interface to my home automation system.

Most / none of the keyboards I've seen say Mac compatible. I would expect many of the custom keys wouldn't work but surely I'd get basic functionality?

Any experiences would be warmly welcomed!

PS - Anyone seen a handheld, wireless trackball remote?

Cheers, Antony.

if they are bluetooth personally I can't see why not - Though I've only used one of the microsoft ones (with their own external usb/wireless transceiver) myself.

as any USB keyboard will work and with wireless it's just a matter of the computer recognizing the wireless interface the ones with their own external wireless transceivers (like microsoft) just look like a USB hub to the mac and the ones that use the macs built in Bluetooth (or a USB bluetooth) should act like Apples own bluetooth keyboard/mice

as for "custom keys" - just remap the keys in system preferences/keyboards & mice though I wish this had "profiles" like location manager etc as the mac knows when your using an external keyboard and even what make/model it is so that it would swap the key map automatically depending on what keyboards plugged in.

there are wireless trackball mice made by Logitech and I guess a few others, never used one my self but a few academics I support use them