Hi people

While doing some validation of a small data file in excel this arvo (original size about 200k) I now have a file over 30mb! I have 4 pages, two with about 400 records long containing text and numbers and out to ab in width. I have two other pages that I have done a few pivot tables.

Has anyone else had this problem, as I cant see how this little file has grown in size to 30 mb after a few saves. It this an inherent problem with excel (Excel X for Mac service release 1).

I have just done a small pivot table on another file and it jumped from 148k to 4.2mb!!

Im stumped here? Do I need to remove excel preferences?

Thanks for any suggestions

chris