hi,

This might sound silly and might have nothing to do with your problem since i use toast and not iDVD BUT... i found when trying to burn to external burner that things would go wrong if i started with the drawer closed. If the drawer was open when i hit 'burn' then it would ask me to insert media and click close drawer and everything worked perfectly.

No harm in trying the weird things...*S*

Yvonne