I recently moved two machines (a G4 and a G5) from 10.3.9 -> 10.4.3 -> 10.4.4

I swear I am spending more time than ever before 'waiting' with that damn Pizza Wheel o' Death. Be it copying files, starting apps and the like.

Anyone else experienced this?

And on the subject of waiting - it seems if I leave my G5 on overnight and return to working on it in the morning its quite sluggish for a short while before returning to regular speed. Temperature seems normal, no heavy CPU load and there's nothing under energy saver that seems to be at fault.

Any advice would be welcomed!

Cheers, Antony.