Thanks Bob. Worked a treat as per your description after I had installed the Stuffit Expander Security Update 7.0
Cheers
Merv

At 7:43 PM +0800 4/2/06, Robert Howells wrote:
On 4 Feb 2006, at 5:07 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

Microsoft have a Windows Media application for Max OS X (I think 10.1 upward). My 10.2.8 was in the range. One of my sons asked me to download the application so that I could view some of his Windows movies. Downloaded the .bin file and Stuffit opened it to produce a .sitx but I could go no further. For a similar situation in the past I thought I removed the x and that it was then available. Not today.
Suggestions appreciated.
Merv

Should be able to double click the sitx file while it's on the desklop
which should produce a window  showing a folder named windows media Installer

Double click the windows media Installer folder ,
should open and show the Installer

Double click that and u should be away

Does for me

Bob

--
"Science teaches that we must see in order to believe, but we must also believe in order to see."