Hi Susan,

On 06/02/2006, at 6:31 PM, Susan Hastings wrote:

Hi Ronni, Lloyd was complaining about video clips from digital cameras being transferred directly to iphoto rather than imovie.

I understood from Lloyd's email, his friend was having trouble importing the video & photos into iPhoto5.

Start of Quote:
I have a friend who is using an iMac OSX 10.4.3 and has had terrible
problems with iPhoto.

He tells me in transferred a movie taken with his digital camera, not a
movie camera, into iPhoto along with his other photos on the card.
End of Quote:

Whenever I've imported video clips into iphoto from my digital camera, they've always had sound, even in iphoto 5, so not sure why you would have had to convert them, maybe the type of camera?

Yes, it is the type of camera.
On Mac OS X, in default, we can't play the MPEG-4 movies taken by CASIO EXILIM. If you install EX_M4S2, you can play EXILIM MPEG-4 movies with QuickTime Player. And you can import EXILIM MPEG-4 movies into iPhoto 5.

EX_M4S2 supports MPEG-4 movies taken by following digital cameras.

 CASIO EXILIM EX-P505 / EX-Z750 / EX-S500

 PENTAX Optio S5n / S5z

Anyway, sounds as if my response to Lloyd's email wasn't very clear. Imovie only imports video from video cameras, not digital cameras, which makes sense to me.

Correct, and it does make sense.