On 13 Feb 2006, at 5:47 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

I wish to record a speech by talking to the microphone in my computer (iMac G4 lampstand). I've tried using the audio from iMovie but the format is not recognised by iTunes from which I hoped to burn to an audio CD. This might seem like horse and cart stuff to those who rip and cut and perform all sorts of magic on dvd let alone audio. I don't wish to record on a tape and then hook up to my amplifier that is connected to my tape player.
Is there some software I should obtain that will do the trick?
Thank you for suggestions.
Merv

If your mike appears as an input in your system sound preferences
you could try Audion3

<http://www.panic.com/audion/download.html>

It is free ..... ! No further development is to take place , and there are versions for OSX and
OS9

Bob