Hi Ian,

Have you had a look at .mac membership? They have a groups section that might do what you want. They sent me this when I had trial membership.

Dear .Mac Trial Member,

During your .Mac trial, you may be invited to join a .Mac group hosted by a full .Mac member. You'll be able to send messages to the group, access group files through the group's folder in your iDisk, publish photo albums and web pages for group viewing, and add links to the group's page.

When you join .Mac as a full member, you'll be able to start groups of your own, managing membership, creating and publishing a group calendar, and more. It's a great way to create an online place for your team, club, class, or family.

Cheers
Paul