Hi WAMUG folks.

I have a client seeking to get their "Mail.app" messages available on a PC (they will no longer be using a Mac).

So far, we've found it easy to get a copy of individual messages (e.g. straight from the Mailboxes in the user's account, or from dragging the messages out of Mail). But what we're after is some more meaningful details for a message, rather than just the default message names like "154432.emlx".

They are also interested in getting a 'index' list of the particular messages. E.g. a bit like what you see in the main window of the Mail application.

So far, printing the Mailbox folder contents provides some of the information (e.g. dragging the Mailbox folder to a valid printer), as does printing the 'index' list from the Mail application itself (e.g. via screen capture). But this isn't elegant.

I've thought of some theories of taking the user's data to Entourage, and then exporting/translating it from there, for use on a PC in say Outlook...

Any theories (tested or just theoretical) are welcomed... Thank you in advance to everyone that responds...

Cheers,
Derek