I recently posted a problem in printer sharing between my G5 and my wife's G3 iMac, both on 10.4.5. Further investigation has narrowed the problem down to the iMac, it appears something is broken in the printing system. I have removed printer sharing from the equation by installing the printer driver for the Epson SP720 onto the iMac and plugging the printer in to the iMac. As before, Page Setup hangs as does an attempt to retrieve the printer information from Printer Setup. I have let Printer Setup Repair do its stuff to no avail. Interestingly, if I ignore Page Setup it will print or fax successfully. I have a horrible feeling that the advice is going to be a clean install of the system.
Any suggestions will be really welcome!
Severin Crisp

                    Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
       15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                      Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                             email  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            Web pages http://www.JennyCrisp.com.au
                               &  http://members.westnet.com.au/Crisp