On 17 Mar 2006, at 10:40 AM, Wilson Tony wrote:

I have used a Sarotech External firewire drive to Superdooper my MacMini hard drive in total.

No problems for 3 years until now.

So does that mean you previously booted off the drive ,
or is this the first time you have tried ?

For some clues you could go to Macintouch : <http://www.macintouch.com/>

and do a search by typing " boot external firewire " in the search box .

You will get a heap of responses and will need to sort through them for your setup .

Here is one :

<http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive141-2005-5-195362.html>

Have fun

Bob

While the 3 external drive partitions on the firewire drive show on the desk top and my work appears to be cloned to it, I cannot select it as a startup disk through system preferences. I have tried to repartition from IPartition but that software, while seeing the icons, cannot "get at it "either.

I would be happy to reformat the drive and start back ups again but I need advice as how to access it.

Advice would be appreciated

Regards

Tony Wilson

Tel 08 9448 1517