On 17/03/2006, at 4:45 PM, Spin wrote:

After upgrade Adobe Reader to 7.0.7, it now won't open PDF documents. After double clicking any pdf document, I get an error message: "The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code -10660)."

I've deleted and re-installed acrobat, but the same problem presents.

Any ideas if this is a problem with the 7.0.7 release, or just with my setup?

Running OS X  10.4.5 on an iMac G5

Glenn.

Hi Glenn,

Did you download 'the Update 7.0.7 ?
<http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3316>

Then Selected  the Adobe Reader 7.0.5 in Applications to update?

I downloaded and installed with no problems.

Error -10660 is a Launch Services error that generally indicates that the preferred application for the document is in the Trash. Had you trashed some prior version of Acrobat Reader before installing 7.0.7 and previously set all PDFs to open in the trashed version of Reader?