Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

Fortunately, it's generally only the filename which is the problem. The data in the file is unaffected.

To get around this, you can zip the files first and give a shorter file name. (I have auto scripts that zip up my work directories and put a time date stamp on them, every 30 minutes is a zip copy, then a master around Midnight, they all sit on a HDD that is only used for backup, which when it reaches 4Gb is then put onto a DVD :)

--
Regards,

Kat.