Just of late I am experiencing something weird and wonderful with Word Mac (ver X).

I will say type some text and the "Normal" setting is Times New Roman 11 pt by choice. Now I may want to select a more interesting font and even Arial qualifies here.

In the window above the text window it may SAY its Arial but I could have Symbol, or other unexpected stuff.

Only happens in pre-existing doc that I have received from elsewhere, never a de novo fresh document.

What is going on here? Do I have to open the received doc and save as TXT then start over with re-formating and editing? Some of these docs I have to work with have unexpectedly large sizes.

Bill