On 01/06/2006, at 5:55 AM, Rod Lavington wrote:

On Wednesday, May 31, 2006, at 04:48PM, Rod Lavington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All!

I'm currently in Sydney using my brother-in-law's iBook. Its running 10.3.9 and we ran the quicktime updater last night. Now iPhoto won't play a slideshow, just bringing up the beach ball. I have no installer disks with me. Does anyone know how I can reinstall quicktime 6.5.2? Apple has a reinstaller on their website, but only works for QT 7.0.4.

Any other ideas I could try?

Seeya

Rod!

Not that anyone replied, but I found out what the problem is - the music in the slideshow. For some reason with the update to the latest iTunes and QT, it crashes iPhoto when it selects any music. Turn it off, and works fine. I'm sure an upgrade to iPhoto 5 will fix it.

Seeya

Hi Rod,
I read your original message , but the last time I used Slide show with Iphoto it worked just fine..... however since reading your second message I thought I'd just check it to see if it effected me, To my surprise it did, lets hope as you say an early upgrade will fix it.

I for one are greatful for all your postings ( and all other postings) and while most do not effect me I find this list a great learning curve
Keep up the good work Rod

Bill ( long retired )