On 05/06/2006, at 6:37 PM, Chris Watt wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have a 60GB Laptop IDE HDD which is formatted as Mac OS Journaled.
Something has caused the OS (OSX 10.4.6) to have some kind of problem.
I'm unsure whether the boot sector is buggered or the os is the only
problem.  I need to get some data off of it if I can.

I've tried repairing permissions, putting it in an external case and
having the first aid prog on the OSX install disc run over it.  Any
other ideas how I can get the data back?

Cheers
~Chris

Restore from your backup. Failing that:

DiskWarrior http://www.alsoft.com/
Data Rescue II http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue_info.php

Good luck,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love