On 30/06/2006, at 12:14 PM, Malcolm McCallum wrote:

I am in Vancouver BC and am having trouble with my mail programme. I
can access my mail with no trouble via webmail, which is how I am
sending this email. I am using 'mailr.westnet.com.au'  to download
and upload (or trying too :- without sucess)  I have tried  without
the 'r' .    I have tried ssl ticked and unticked . I have port 25 in
the advanced part of account I have everything else as before and
which works with webmail Has anyone any suggestions as I am tearing
my hair out with frustration :-(
Mac

Hi Mac,

In your Mail > Preferences > Accounts (Westnet POP) > Advanced
you should have Port 110
In your Mail > Preferences > Accounts (Westnet POP) > Account Information >
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)  mail or mailr.westnet.com.au
click 'server Settings'
this is where you should have Port 25 (not in advanced)

Are you using iPass with westNet's Global roaming?

Westnet's 'Access Control' blocks port 25 (TCP) outgoing except to WestNet
Mail Servers.

If you have to disable this you can in To enable or disable Access Control on your account.
Westnet strongly advise you not to unless you are having problems.

1. Log into the My Account page with your Westnet username and password.
2. In the 'Services' section, click the 'Access Control' link. You will be presented with a list of ports currently being blocked. 3. At the bottom of the page, select whether you would like to block (enable) or allow (disable) access to the above ports.
4. Click the 'Submit' button.

Please note: Once you have enabled or disabled Access Control, you will be disconnected from the Internet.

Car'n The Pies