Sent: Monday, 17 July 2006 9:17 AM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: Help!

On 17/07/2006, at 8:11 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

>> At present I am using westnet as ISP
>> and using the settings they recommend which is mailr.westnet.com.au
>> both for incoming and outgoing

Dear Mac

I hope that 'mailr.westnet.com.au' is a typo as it should read
mail.westnet.com.au

You do not say whether you have been in contact with Westnet about this?

You also say 'authentification 'password' ', if this is refering to the
'Outgoing Mail Server Settings - Authentication', I believe this should
be set to 'None' as mine always is. No password is used for outgoing
emails.
In mine, for the *Incoming* settings (under Prefs - Accounts - Advanced
in Mail.app) the SSL port is 995 and this is turned (ticked) on and the
'Authentication' is of course set to 'Password', for to recieve email
you must authenticate.

I hoop this helps, hayte to think you have to mess aboot like this on ya
hols AYE?
Good luck feller ;-)

Paul

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives -
<http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>