On Sunday, July 30, 2006, at 01:36PM, Daniel Kerr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought those in the WAMUG world
and surrounds may want to know that John Currie unfortunately passed away on
Saturday.

John was a lifetime member of WAMUG and a wonderful person.
I am sure most of WAMUG will remember him and he will be missed.

Farewell to a good man.

-Daniel Kerr

I first met John at the WA *Apple* Users Group at St. Joachims High School (later Ursula Frayne Catholic College), back in the days of the Apple ][ when modems were still acoustically coupled and the internet was as yet unheard of. He along with a few others 'kept the faith' and migrated to the Mac.

As a WAMUG member and having served on committee with him for 2 years I know his dedication to the club, his goodwill and sense of humour will be sorely missed.

Thanks,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love